Friday, January 3, 2014

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

This was the view in my backyard today. Freshly fallen snow and a balmy 8 degrees greeted me this morning. I absolutely love looking out my window at this winter scene and feel especially grateful that I have a warm house to shelter my family. It is par for the course on days like this one, that I stay in pajamas as long as possible, drink cup after cup of coffee and relax with my children. My husband always braves the cold and clears the driveway and sidewalk. but since he had just arrived home from an overnight shift at work, I felt like I could take it on today. The low temperature and subzero windchill had me bundle up and prepare to do this jobs in shifts, figuring I would need to come in and warm up once or twice. Once I began though, I warmed up quickly and after finishing, I decided to venture on a small walk. 
There was such stillness and peacefulness in the woods. The pine laden air was crisp but also fresh. It was nice be out, even for just a little while to experience this winter wonderland firsthand. It cleared my mind and refreshed my spirit. Coming back inside, I found I had even more gratitude for my warm house and that next cup of hot coffee. 
I hope you are finding little moments in nature to clear your mind and refresh your spirit too.
With gratitude,
Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment