Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!

Happy New Year!

It is once again a new year and I can feel something in the air. Actually, I feel -31 degree air where I am today, but even with the frigid temperature, I sense people starting anew. As I pass people, I can see it in their eyes. It's almost as we acknowledge one another with a nod of greeting, we are actually nodding "Good Luck", "Best Wishes" or "I hope you succeed". This is the time of year where we feel we can start over or add a new focus or intention in our lives. I know there are many people also out there that are cynical about new year resolutions - that we are setting ourselves up to fail, that we should not set a resolution that we ultimately cannot keep. I am choosing to be more positive and hope you will be too.
There is a popular line of commercials where a man in a business suit sits around a table with various children and gets their thoughts on different topics. A common one right now is when a little boy states his new year "revolution". It is an adorable take on how this boy thinks you pronounce resolution, but if you think about it, a resolution is a small revolution for yourself. It is through these personal revolutions that we seek to better ourselves and our lives. We may not always be able to keep our resolutions, but we always learn from them and maybe discover we were focusing on the wrong resolution to begin with. 
I am beginning 2014 with my own personal "revolution". I am seeking to live my life more intentionally and gratefully. I have decided to start this blog to help me document it and help hold me somewhat accountable. Ultimately, it is my own journey, but I know I would like company if you would like to join me. Stop in, share this blog with others and together we can travel through this year together.
With gratitude,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I am going to work on being more grateful, too. :) Wishing you a great time recording life in this blog.

    ReplyDelete