Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Start

This past week for me was partly devoted to taking down and putting away all the Christmas decorations. I always dread doing this. Often it is because the holidays were so wonderful and it feels as if I take down the decorations, I am officially declaring the "wonderful" over. Sounds silly and I know it's not true, but that is the feeling I get. As looked around the house though, the Christmas decorations were no longer looking so "wonderful". The table runner on the dining room table was scrunched up and the candles were burnt down to nubs. The lights on the banister were becoming loose and we really didn't even bother to light them anymore and the layer of dust on the mantle was obscuring what was once a lovely arrangement. It was definitely time to put everything away.

After the ornaments, garland and holiday candles were put away, I decided to keep the decor simple, almost bare for awhile. It feels as if the house is giving a giant exhale with this fresh start. It is giving me the space to exhale myself.



Keeping some winter whites
3 Little Birds by my doorstep


Lighted luminaries for the table

I hope your home is a sanctuary for you and your family and gives you space to exhale.
With gratitude,
Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment