Friday, January 17, 2014



52 Weeks in Nature: Week 3

I am so happy to be joining Donni over at The Magic Onions every Friday highlighting something in nature that we observed during that week. It could be something that made us pause or took our breath away. It fits nicely with trying to be more mindful of our surroundings and appreciating the beauty that surrounds us. I hope you enjoy my experiences of nature here in Maine and please check out Donni's page as well, to view other people from around the country that may be posting what they are experiencing in nature where they live.


I am currently working on a project titled Fort Williams 365 Project. Fort Williams is a park in my town where the famous Portland Head Light lighthouse is located. You can read more about the history of the park, which started as a military fort, here.
My goal is to visit this wonderful park on the coast of Maine every single day of this year. I may have to have somebody fill in for me time to time, but I wanted to really get to know the park that holds so much of my town's history and beauty. So I post a picture taken that day, every day to a Facebook page dedicated to this project. I hope you enjoy that page and share it with others. 
My picture this week is from that project. There was one particularly warm day this past week, and I found a restful spot on a stonewall to sit and just took in the sites and sounds of the Atlantic Ocean.

























With gratitude,
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling of sitting quietly in a place and 'feeling' the history. It's like the past is all around us, all the time.
    Blessings,
    Donni

    ReplyDelete